Welcome to St Joseph's Cowper
St Joseph’s Cowper was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1913 as an orphanage in Cowper, New South Wales providing care for children without parents or whose parents couldn’t provide care for them. In 1972, St Joseph’s Cowper relocated to Grafton to gain better access to secondary education for the children in care.
In 2016, St Joseph’s Cowper in Grafton continues that tradition as an accredited out-of-home care agency by providing therapeutic residential and foster care for young people. Providing services from intensive residential care to general foster care enables St Joseph’s Cowper to meet the individual needs of the young people in our care.